COCOA COCONUT BITS // Makes 20
Because these are vegan, they can also be enjoyed raw. You can scoop them into balls, chill them for about an hour, and enjoy as such. Those are baked at a low heat, because it gives them a texture of somewhere between truffle and cookie and I really love that. A crisp crust and a soft center. Perfection.
1 1/2 cups dried, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup grade b maple syrup
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
In a mixing bowl. Combine the coconut, cocoa powder and rolled oats together. Stir in the maple, coconut oil, vanilla and optional dash of cinnamon. Mix to coat everything evenly. Set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 215’.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a mini scooper or your hands, make 1 inch balls and set them on the baking tray (they don’t spread, ample space between is not important). Bake them on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Remove to cool.
Allrecipes.com is easily one of the best recipe sites online.. but sifting through a million recipes to find yummy & healthy recipes can be hard. The healthy section has a lot of lol-worthy “healthy” options (cinnamon sugar pork rinds? are you serious? in the healthy section? ok.) & There’s a ton of great healthy recipes buried in other sections around the site. Here’s a list of some worth looking at!
PS - when you change the number of servings, it automatically scales the ingredients down for you!
- Vegan Crepes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Autumn Apple Salad
- Double Whole Grain Pancakes
- Egg White Crepes
- Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
- Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
- Eggy Veggie Bake
- Poached Egg Caprese
- Gluten Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Pudding
- Omelet in a Mug
- Tofu Quiche with Broccoli
- Suppertime Egg Burritos
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
- Zucchini and Eggs
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Barbie’s Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Black Bean Burger
- Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- Orzo and Shrimp Salad with Asparagus
- Vegan Falafel
- BBQ Tuna Fritters
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Simple Turkey Chili
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Coconut Curry Tofu
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- Vegetarian “Meatloaf”
- Paprika Chicken
- Lentils and Spinach
- Vegan Taco Filling
- Vegan Lasagna
- Thai Spiced BBQ Shrimp
- Whole Wheat & Honey Pizza Crust
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Taco Salad
- Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peppermint Meringues
- Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Pie for Dieters
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Spiced Baked Apples
- Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
- Honeysuckle Pineapple
- No Bake Peanut Butter Nuggets
- Chocolate Banana Tofu Pudding
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Orange Sponge Cake Roll
- Fresh Fruit Minty Dip
- Dark Chocolate Bark
- Banana Cookies
- “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Baked Stuffed Pears
- Crunchy Macaroons
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Baked Kale Chips
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pita Chips
- Eggplant Chips
- Cajun Popcorn
DIY Refrigerator Overnight No Cook Oatmeal Recipes from The Yummy Life Now with Fourteen Flavors. The Yummy Life has added eight new oatmeal flavors to the wildly successful original six. All recipes have accompanying nutritional data posted and detailed instructions on how to make each variety.
posting as a link because it’s literally the best website ever. you just tell it what ingredients you possess and it flings recipes at you!
well there goes my dinner plans
Slimtastic Smoothies: 20 nutritious and delicious smoothie recipes
- Banana: Blend 2 bananas with 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry Shortcake: blend cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1-1/2 cups skim milk, 1-1/2 cups ice, and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Raspberry Orange:Blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup of ice and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Honeydew-Almond: Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, and honey to taste.
- Strawberry-Kiwi: Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups ice.
- Cherry-Vanilla: Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, 1 1/4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Grape: Blend 2 cups seedless red grapes with 1 cup concord grape juice and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Blueberry-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each honey and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 cup ice.
- Creamsicle: Blend 3/4 cup frozen orange or orange-tangerine concentrate with 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup each vanilla ice cream and ice.
- Spiced Pumpkin: Blend 1/2 cup each pumpkin puree and silken tofu, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Black Raspberry–Vanilla: Blend 1 pint blackberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Banana PB&J: Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup each creamy peanut butter and wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry or raspberry jelly.
- Vietnamese Coffee: Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups ice. Top with chocolate shavings and/or chocolate syrup.
- Pineapple-Mango: Blend 1 cup each chopped pineapple and mango, 1 cup coconut water, a dash of ground allspice and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup ice.
- Peanut Butter–Apple: Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice, and honey to taste.
- Veggie: Blend 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 1/2 celery stalk, 1/4 cup each parsley and spinach, and 1/2 cup ice.
- Lemon–Poppy Seed: Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup each milk and ice.
- Strawberry-Maple: Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup each maple syrup and wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Apple-Spinach: Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped peeled apple, 1/2 cup silken tofu, 1/4 cup each soy milk and orange juice, 1 tablespoon each wheat germ, honey and lemon juice, and 1 cup ice.
- 1 Medium Strawberry
- 2 Apple Slices
- 1 Slice of Kiwi
- Cantaloupe Chunk
- 2 Pineapple Chunks
- 5 Blueberries
- 2 Watermelon Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Spring Roll Wrapper
- 1 Cup Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
Dice all the fruit into tiny little pieces. If you have a food processor you could blend it all together as well.
Dip the spring roll wrapper into warm water and lay it flat on a plate. Add cottage cheese, lettuce and fruit.
Drizzle 1 Tbsp of honey over the fruit, lettuce, and cottage cheese.
Roll it all up tight.
Drizzle the remaining Tbsp of honey and cut in half. This is definitely a wrap you wont want to eat with your fingers unless you have wet wipes on hand! This a perfect and refreshing option for the hot days this summer!
160 Calories, 6g Protein, 22g Carbs, 2.3g Fat, 4g Fiber
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables because they are all in season! I love shopping locally too because it’s much cheaper and so fresh. This morning I stopped at a local farmers market and bought some fresh fruits and vegetables to add to my salad for lunch. You can really impress your friends and family bringing a salad like this to a picnic or serving your friends for lunch. Fitting in those summer shorts never seemed so easy!All You Need is…..
- 2 Large Strawberries Sliced
- 5 Cherries Pitted And Sliced.
- 1/3 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup No Sugar Added Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 Medium Cucumber Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese